Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Powder Room

Ryan's been working on getting the powder room together this week. He finished drywalling and moved on to priming last night.


Priming

It's hard to get pictures of because it's SO ridiculously tiny. I had been debating about what color to paint this room since the mud room/ laundry room will have the beige and white stripes. At first I was leaning towards a light blue but then I remembered that I had over a gallon of paint leftover from our master bedroom and I LOVE that color. 

Benjamin Moore Wolf Gray
It's pretty dark but one whole wall of the bathroom is basically a window and it doesn't feel that dark in my bedroom. I also decided that we should do board and batten or a knock off beadboard wallpaper on the bottom half of the wall to lighten it up. What do you think?

Dining room to do...
The real thing

powder room
Knock off
So I think that will definitely lighten up the room which we'll need considering we'll have the dark rock floors (with a cute rug of course). I also just found a light fixture that I'm realllly hoping fits in the room because I loveeeee it.

Crystal Dome 15 3/4" Wide Flush Mount Ceiling Light
AND on sale!

I had been searching everywhere for a light fixture that was close to the ceiling that I liked (like REALLY close to the ceiling so my tall brother in law doesn't hit his head when standing in our 7 feet tall bathroom). Then this morning bam, I got an email saying that lampsplus.com was having a ridiculous sale and it was fate when I saw this beauty. I think the tiniest bathroom of all time might just be putting on her jewels and I like it.

No comments: