Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Whirlwind

I'm backkkkk! I may have been a horrible blogger the past few weeks but with the wedding less than TWO months away, we're trying to check things off our to do list. I spent the weekend working on wedding crafts while Ryan did some finishing work on the house. You know you're a homeowner when the only time you left the house in a weekend was to go to Home Depot...

Home Depot trip
I don't even think this picture does our Home Depot trip justice. Ryan managed to have wood going through the car towards the front seat as well as out the sun roof it was quite comical. Plus we picked up two bags of mulch and some other goodies. That mini sure does take a beating sometimes... (note: I also discovered how much I love Instagram this weekend)

Anyways, Ryan put up some trim on the cabinets as well as in the bathroom.

Before

During

After!

Floor Molding finished
And he started the crown molding in the bathroom which turns out is not that easy but totally worth it...

Before

After! Molding makes such a difference...
And he (almost) finished putting up the wood on the cabinets.



Swoon!
The kitchen is really coming together. I can't wait until we have a back splash up and some cabinet lights! We've come a longgggggg way :)

While Ryan was hard at work on the kitchen, I was wedding crafting. Since I can't ruin all the fun, I'll just show you one of the projects I'm the most proud of, our chair signs! I followed a tutorial and I was mighty impressed by the finished product.

I printed out and traced the words that I was going to burn in to the wood.

I transferred the words on to the wood.

Finished Product!
It was actually super fun and makes me want to do more projects like that :) It took me awhile to get the hang of wood burning but once I did, it really wasn't that difficult (minus the smoke getting in your eyes/house). 


To leave you with one last picture, my project for the week ()my hands are already bleeding...).
And the wedding crafting continues....

No comments: