Monday, July 2, 2012

Loving City Living

Reason #1,124,342,342 why I love living in the city: underground power lines i.e. not losing power when the weather is hovering around 100 degrees. This weekend was a hot one and the storm that rolled through Friday left a trail of destruction including a loss of power out in the suburbs... luckily, we don't live in the suburbs but we did head out there to go furniture shopping on Saturday... in the dark. In all fairness, we didn't know that the furniture store didn't have power but when we got there and all the lights were out, it soon became obvious :) Low and behold we still managed to find a couch and two chairs that will be perfect for the family room.... color me excited. And although it will take 8 to 10 weeks to show you what they really look like, here's a sneak peak of the fabrics I chose.


The linen will be the couch and the blue will be the two chairs.

Ryan also started to build a work bench for the basement and try to organize the disaster zone that had become his work area.


And I worked on a few wedding crafts, including taking my sewing machine for a spin :)


Oh weekends, how I love thee.

No comments: