Wednesday, April 11, 2012

When did April happen?!

It's been a whirlwind of the past few weeks and our house is starting to look like... well, a home... finally :)

Ryan started priming the back room to get ready for the rest of the stripes.

Krispy Kreme Hat and all.
And we FINALLY got the back door in, squeal! It still needs to be painted and fitted but I'm loving all of the extra light. 

Of course this picture was taken in the dark ;)

I also did pick up paint for it and I'm going to go with a light bluish green. I was inspired by some photos I found on pinterest:



Entryway with aqua front door


I just love the bluish green with the green and I think it will carry well through the rest of the house.

Ryan did some kitchen finishing and put in our toe kicks.


I'd show you a picture of the finished product but not long after this picture was taken we realized that you can't open the dishwasher all the way with the toe kick in... so, another problem to fix #whitegirlproblems.

Ryan's also getting ready to tile the rest of the floor in the back room now that we have the door in. I'm SO excited.


Goodbye ugly linoleum, hello rock tile! Speaking of rock tile, the grout is on the lighter side so I'm a little worried about keeping it clean, does anyone have a good grout cleaner they'd like to share?

And the last excitement of the past week or so was that our dining room rug came in and I loveeeeee it.

I need to decide on some curtains and a new table cloth. I'm SO over red.

I ended up getting the same entry way rug and I just love the texture of these rugs.
Here's the last picture of our family room slowly coming together. I'm dying to get some new couches and to update the coffee table but for now, I'm pretty happy to have some things on our walls and for our house to start feeling like an actual home.


#homewin

No comments: