Thursday, February 9, 2012

Commitment Issues

I definitely have a hard time pulling the trigger on furniture for the house, hence living here over a year and only having bought stools. So, when I decided we REALLY needed a rug, it took me MONTHS to commit to buy one. I had been eyeing this guy for awhile:

ballard designs catherine rug
Catherine Rug by Ballard Designs
But in the catalog, it looks a lot more yellow which I wasn't so fond of plus the light color would be a nightmare (as I learned from my place holder rug).

I had also been eyeing this guy:

Family room rug?
Overstock

but, it isn't wool so I couldn't justify that in such a high traffic area. It had also been out of stock for ever until Monday, when I got an email saying it was back in stock. Out of pure curiosity I went online to check it out and browse through some other rugs and then I found this beauty:

Overstock
and I knew it was meant to be. 100% wool, handmade in India and it had all the right colors. So, after a back and forth with Ryan (who wasn't as convinced), I pulled the trigger.

It came in today (can you say a-m-a-z-i-n-g) so I worked from home to bring it inside all 76 pounds of it and what a nightmare that was. First off, the delivery guy never even knocked on the door, I only knew he had come because of Monkey going crazy barking. So, I go outside to "grab" it and see him seriously sprinting back to the truck. He had also just thrown it under the stairs... a 76 pound rug that would now have to come up two flights of stairs. After a few trials, I managed to push it up the stairs but then I couldn't get it in the front door. I seriously tried everything and eventually got Ryan's fork lift hand thingys and managed to DRAG the thing inside. I'm pretty sure I threw my back out but anyway. Here's a before and after of the family room.

Before- this rug got SO dirty here and is going in the office

After
I'm going to get a linen colored couch and some other coffee table but I really think the rug pulls the room together. It also gives me some good ideas of what I'll end up doing in the space.

And here's the view in to the kitchen.


Swoon. I'm pretty sure even Monkey is in love.

No comments: