This weekend our back room came a long way. Ryan started cementing down the rocks in the bathroom and learned that placing each rock isn't much worse than creating the tile sheets. I'd call that a partial loss and a partial win.
|Placing the rocks|
|All placed in the bathroom|
|Wall after I had painted it white and before I started on the stripes.|
|I measured the wall, decided on my width of stripes, and used a leveler to draw my lines.|
|I put up my tape making sure to tape on the outside of where the beige stripes would go.|
|I sealed the tape with the white paint and let it dry.|
|On to the stripes! I used a semi gloss paint to give it a sheen.|
|Peeling off the tape before it drys.|
Another win, was that Ryan finished our transition and it looks pretty darn good.
Less of a win and more of housekeeping was that Ryan cleaned up the wires for the dishwasher, secured it and put in a transition piece between it and the cabinet.
|Putting in the transition|
We had a bunch of wins this weekend but our big loss came with the bathroom light that I had ordered a few weeks ago. First off, it was a NIGHTMARE to put up. It took up a good thirty minutes and once it was up, we were both kind of like eh, I want to like it but it's just too big.
Oh well, you can't win them all, right? But, of course, I won't leave you on a loss because we had one more win this weekend and that was when Ryan began to grout the laundry room. I pretty much picked the grout color just off of the fact that I didn't want it to look like it should be white when in reality I wanted it to be grey (and show less dirt). So, I told Ryan what I was thinking and he just came back with a color (that's terrifying if you know Ryan's color blind self) and it's pretty darn perfect if you ask me.
It's still a little wet here so it did get a little lighter this morning but I would definitely call this a win.
So, that's the story of our wins and losses of the weekend. Now if only I could find a new light for the bathroom....