Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April Showers

While I was off celebrating my friend, Sarah, the lovely bride-to-be, Ryan was hard at work fixing the brickwork above our doorway.

He used a car jack to hold up the doorway while he was replacing a brick or two.

He also talked to the plumber to start the process of getting the building permit (score!). So we're moving, even if it is awfully slowly. The plan is to finish the brickwork this week and hopefully move on to the floors this weekend. We were really hoping to have the kitchen done by Memorial Day weekend so hopefully this warm weather will kick us in to gear!

I was also lucky enough to spend some time with my niece this weekend. She's pretty much the cutest baby ever.... I love her facial expressions.

Taking a walk

Speaking of lovely weather (oh, no? I wasn't talking about that at all? just go with it...), my brother in law picked us up a grill a few weeks ago so we grilled out for the first time in our new house last night. Of course, I brought it down in the mini cooper yesterday so it was in fifty pieces and had to be put together so, dinner turned in to more like midnight snack :)


Ryan putting it together.

Tah dah!
But it was totally worth it! One less meal in the crockpot ;)

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather! I can't wait to get my garden started :)

First flowers in the backyard.

Happy Spring!

No comments: