Monday, December 5, 2011

The Tiniest Bathroom...

... that the DC code allows. We may actually have to put a size limit on people who can use the bathroom, it's that small.

It was a crazy exciting weekend at our house, my standards have clearly been lowered since I got out of college. Saturday morning, bright and early, the granite guys came by to take measurements and they were awesome. I ended up going with J&A Custom Granite and the customer service has just been amazing thus far. What's even better is that they'll be installing our counter tops on Wednesday!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited (if I could add a million more o's on without being over the top obnoxious, I would; I'm that excited). And because the granite guys wanted to see the sink, we took it out of the box and put it in the sink cabinet for a hot minute.


Why hello there farmhouse sink, nice to see you on this lovely day. Swoon. I'm pretty sure I could take a bath in there, just saying....

Ryan also finished putting up the wood on our cabinets and they're looking pretty darn good. There are a few gaps where you can see the birch on the top cabinets so we just bought some sort of edger that will hopefully take care of the problem. I plan on spending A LOT of time in the kitchen (not having a kitchen for 10 months means I have 10 months of recipes that involve an oven to cook through) so I don't want the little things to bother me.


As I had mentioned earlier, Ryan also put up some walls in the bathroom. We have the electricians in the house today so we wanted them to install all of our switches and outlets in the kitchen, laundry room and bathroom.



The bathroom still has a far way to go but with the one wall up it's pretty obvious the tiny factor. It also has the world's largest window in it which is kind of strange and hilarious all at the same time. I mean, I guess it will help with the claustrophobia factor ;)

And because I have the best fiance in the world, when I got home from my group meeting last night (barf), I walked in and Ryan had this goofy smile on his face. I obviously assumed the worst until I noticed what he had done.


Installed my second light!! We actually haven't even had the electricity to that switch turned on in, oh, 10 months, so it was pretty freaking exciting. 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... (as my bank account proves)

No comments: