Thursday, May 12, 2011

Two and Half Months Down...

(Hopefully) only another month to go... We'll ignore Ryan's estimate of 7 weeks that he gave last weekend :)

I apologize for my lack of posts this week, it's been crazy. To think that I am going to have to add classes (twice a week none the less) on top of everything else, gives me a mini panic attack :)

In kitchen tile news, Ryan didn't like the edges of my original sample tiles so we were forced to keep looking.  So, last weekend, we made it to our first tile store. I'm still stuck on Travertine tiles so we pretty much only looked at those and we did find some that we really liked. The only problem with them is that they aren't made in the pattern I want so Ryan would have to cut them all (which he says he doesn't mind) but they're also more expensive then the samples I originally ordered. Who knew tiles would become such an issue?

I like the top ones (Stormy) and the bottom ones (Tuscany Noche).
Before we go ahead and order the ones we saw at the store, I decided to order some more samples online that aren't cut in the pattern hence don't have the rough edges. They should be coming in today or tomorrow so we will see. Big decisions here people. Once I finally decide and the tiles are installed, I expect you all to make a huge deal over how incredible they look (just kidding... kind of).

In other exciting news, Ryan told me this morning that he thinks we'll be able to unwrap our first floor at the end of this weekend. We have the plumbers in there today and tomorrow doing all of their work so once Ryan finishes the brickwork, there shouldn't be any more dust. I can't even tell you how excited I am to be able to (sort of) live downstairs again. The kitchen would still be sealed off but it's the little things, like being able to get in to your coat closet again...

Family Room/ Living Room

That picture is actually from when Ryan originally covered everything up. When I get home tonight, I'll take a picture of what it looks like now.... it's about ten times worse with plastic falling down, holes in the paper covering the floor (from our lovely cat) not to mention there is now a dishwasher, microwave, oven and fridge sitting in there. Oh, joy. 

No comments: