Thursday, January 13, 2011

Food for Thought

I read somewhere that when young couples are looking at houses they often times go for something a little older, with charm, that they can update. A house where they do almost everything themselves because, quite frankly, they can't afford to hire someone. And that couldn't be more true for us.  When we were looking at houses the last thing we wanted was a flip. "What's the point?" we said, "Someone's already made their money." And that is all true but after starting these renovations and doing so much of it ourselves (and with the help of our amazing friends and family) I can't help but think that's it even more than that, we're making it ours, inside and out. When I look at the bedroom floors I see the time and effort we put in to them, yes, they may not be perfect (they're distressed, remember?) but they're our blood, sweat and tears (well, my tears and more Ryan's sweat). What could be more rewarding than that?

This house is, quite literally, becoming our life. It's the place where we are building our life together and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: