Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Definite Upgrade

That's an understatement....

So, I appreciate a lot of things that the previous owners did to our house. Take the outside, if you look on google maps street view our house was sea foam green with an awning. If I had seen that, I would have taken one look and run the other way.
Yep, that's our house. Sea foam green.
They also re-did the floors in the family room and put down gorgeous dark, cherry floors, which I love (even if I do tend to scratch them up a bit). Another thing I like is that they put in a half bathroom downstairs which, in theory, I appreciate (I'll appreciate it more when we rip it out and re-do it next month). But on the other side of the coin, there are quite a few things I hate (yes, hate is the right word) that they did. Take the kitchen, who puts that much wood storage in the kitchen and takes out all the cabinets? Who would actually put the fridge in the laundry room (with an uneven floor so the door tends to swing open if it's not pressed closed a very specific way)? Another thing, the paint colors in the bedrooms. Lavender, really? Beige/pink, seriously? Oh and one last thing (well, probably not actually last but the point of this post), they made this media cabinet that is god awful. Not only is it hideous but it doesn't hide all the wires and you have to leave it open in order to change the channel. I would have rather them taken the darn thing with them... but they didn't and we didn't have a media cabinet so here it stays.... for now.
I mean I appreciate trying to have matching colors and all but really?
If you don't know this already, I'm a rather thrifty shopper. I tend to appreciate things more when I put in some elbow grease. So, I have been scoring Craigslist for a new media cabinet (and a queen headboard) for the past month or so and yesterday, the Craigslist god's shined down on me with this simple post:


Crate and Barrel TV Stand - Like new


Perfect for your flat screen TV!! Modern, stylish, and functional Crate & Barrel TV Stand. Excellent condition from smoke-free, pet-free house. Purchased new in 2008.

Here is a link to it on the Crate & Barrel website: http://reviews.crateandbarrel.com/7258/14851/loop-54-media-console-reviews/reviews.htm

Similar units priced at $399 at Crate and Barrel.

Espresso Stain with brushed nickel door handles.
Dimensions: 54"W x 21"D x 22.5"H
Two adjustable shelves, two sliding glass doors.

It doesn't photograph that well so I included a picture from the website.

Cash and carry.
  • Location: Capitol Hill
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 2182130649-1

Um, yes please!

And that's how we got our new media cabinet, swoon.

1 comment:

Wall Decor said...

Very beautiful art work for a great price. I wish I would've gotten the next size up but I was trying to save some money. I think once they're on the wall it'll look very nice. I'll update with a picture. painting canvas manufacturers