Monday, January 3, 2011

Help!

Bright and early Sunday morning, Ryan and I were up working on the trim. Well, Ryan was working on the trim and I was cooking, moral support counts. I was actually cooking for some of my family who were due to arrive later in the morning so that definitely counts (especially since I'm the one writing the blog!).

My Dad arrived and started to help Ryan install the cut trim.

Mistake #7: Prep the walls before you start installing trim in a 100 year old house.

Apparently, back in the day, they didn't attach the trim to 2x4's so, when we ripped out the old trim, there was nothing to attach the new trim to. Awesome. So my Dad and Ryan had to figure out a way to glue pieces of wood to the brick so that they could attach the molding to something. Set back number fifty million and one.

At this point, my sister and brother in law have showed up and Ryan had discovered that he needed a few more supplies. So while Kevin and Ryan head to the store, my sister and Dad put together our awesome new chiminea. Yay!
Elena and Dad working hard
Ryan and Kevo continued to work on the trim ALLLLLL day, while Elena and I provided moral support. Elena and I did actually manage to paint the closet and then she managed to step in the paint and track it all over the floor. Two steps forward, one step back ; )
Kevo cutting some trim

Ryan finishing up the top trim
I don't know what we would have done without the help, actually I do, we would still be sleeping in the family room so a big THANK YOU to all of our helping hands! Moral supports counts :)


No comments: